Delivered by Assistant Professor Ashley Hughes of the Smurfit Graduate Business School, this webinar will assist you in maintaining your poise and professionalism throughout difficult interactions with your client. You will learn how to face confrontation with courage and confidence. You will also be provided with key takeaways for implementation in practice.
You will learn how to:
- Manage yourself and your mindset,
- Techniques to build positive client relationships,
- Practise active listening skills,
- Distinguish between the client’s position, interests and needs (The PIN Model),
- Appreciate that constructive conflict can be positive,
- Understand how personalities and behaviour styles play out,
- Learn the language of assertiveness & impact of non-verbal behaviour,
- Apply practical techniques including the use of empathy to diffuse anger,
- Discern which words to use and which ones to avoid,
- Break the cycle of reaction and counter-reaction by “going to the balcony”,
- Implement the DESC formula,
- Make clients feel valued and respected.