‘Environmental Protection’ encompasses a broad range of activities for the purpose of protecting the environment. Underpinned by legislation at EU and national level, Environmental Protection is enforced mainly by Local Authorities.
Carrying out the work of monitoring and enforcing legislation, Environmental Inspectors are endowed with a broad range of powers. To execute their environmental protection responsibilities, Local Authorities require an effective regulatory framework and a well-trained and efficient enforcement workforce.
The training is aimed at local authority staff, engineers and technicians working under waste management and environmental legislation.
Local Authority Environmental Inspection functions include:
- Waste / Litter / Batteries / Tyres / Producer Responsible Initiatives / Food Waste and Recycling
- Air Pollution / Odour / Deco Paint and Solvents / Petroleum Vapours / Solid Fuels
- Noise Pollution
- Diesel / Fuel Laundering
- Monitoring permits/registration for all involved in collecting/disposing/recovering waste
- Monitor the magnitude and impacts of accidental pollution; e.g. Contaminated Land
- Farm Inspections - Cross-reporting of non-compliances to the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine
- Monitoring discharge licensing of trade and sewage effluents
This 2-day training programme is tailored to environmental enforcement investigations. It is designed to provide environmental inspectors with a clear insight into the regulatory and legal framework in which they work.
Each module is intense, highly practical and interactive where the attendees ‘learn by doing’. This training provides a structured development path for all investigators, giving them the necessary competencies to carry out their work effectively.
Attendees will learn about their powers, gain an understanding of governing legislation, collect evidence, document findings, how to present evidence in court and how to set up and run an investigation from start to finish.
We work with a wide panel of specialist trainers, all chosen based on their experience and knowledge, experience both in practice and as trained trainers. The majority of our trainers are experienced...Read Bio